Five things I'm planning for the New Year:
1. I plan for my husband and I to get passports. I've had the forms completed for 3, yes 3 years now and we just have not taken time to complete the process. I will probably have to complete new forms but it will get done in 2012! We are planning a trip or two in the next couple of years and we will need them.
2. I plan to purge my entire house. I have to much stuff that I can live without and it has got to go!
3. I plan to make a few changes around the house, one room at a time. I haven't made any changes in a few years so it is definitely time.
4. I plan to work on me. Mind, body and soul.
5. I plan to continue to do, try or learn at least four new things in 2012. My daughter started this a few years ago and I joined her in 2010. I will be posting my four new things for this year in January, 2012. Tried anything new lately? Have any plans for 2012? I'd love to hear about them.
Prompt #52: Celebrating...One half of my living room after the Christmas morning celebrating.
Well...I did it, I completed 52 photos almost. I was one week late getting on the 52 photo bus so I missed the first photo. I'll add a little note to my album (once I get the photos printed) explaining why the first photo is missing. I'm off work for the next FIVE days so I hope to get my photos sent to print so that I can put them into a simple little album. I also thought this would be good practice for P365. And yes, I am planning to do P365+1 in 2012. Call me CRAZY but I'm thinking that doing so will help me improve my photography skills and that is something I plan to work on in 2012!
1. I'd love to have this so that I can listen to music while cleaning, cooking, crafting etc. Its a nightmare trying to use my husbands sound system so for now I just turn the TV to a music station.
2. New cookware. More of a need than a want. But I want it because I need it! The husband told me to pick this up myself because he wasn't going to buy me cookware for a gift.
3. A new rolling pin. I like the idea of the rings for rolling out dough.
4. A tripod for my Canon T1i. I don't know much about them but I may want to shoot the moon once in awhile. : ) I'm sure I will also use it for other shots.
5. Some new comfy PJ's to keep me warm this winter. It hasn't been too cold yet but I know its just a matter of time before old man winter wakes up.
What's on your Wish List?
I hope you get everything you wish for and more.
Prompt #49: Anticipation...Back In October my daughter gave me a gift and told me it was the first of a four part gift. In November I received #2 and #3. And last weekend I received gift #4. From the beginning she told me I could wait until I had all four or that I could open each gift when I received it. I chose to wait until I had all four gifts before opening.
1. My daughter and I visited and neat little shop at lunch today called Homespun. Lots of handmade goodies. I'm trying very hard to refrain from buying gifts for myself. However, I did purchase some raspberry lemonade pucker polish and a snowflake ornament made from the roof of the Hoosier/RCA Dome.
2. My sister and I are going to one last craft fair this weekend. After that I plan/hope to complete my Christmas shopping.
3. I have tried making a Dec. Daily once, spilled a drink on the inner pages and tossed all but the cover.
I then tried JYC, purchased some OA papers and embellies, printed all the prompts and photo tips, took the photos and did not even complete one page. And I call myself a scrapper. HA!
4. I really want to complete either a Dec. Daily or JYC album. Maybe this year.
5. I cannot wait to bake up some Christmas cookies but its a bit to early. I plan to start baking the week of the 12th.
Prompt #46: Mosiac...The "Word of Life" mosiac @ the University of Notre Dame. Also called "Touchdown Jesus" because you can see it from the football field. The campus is beautiful and if you ever get a chance to visit, please do. I guarantee you will love it.
When I told you all how much I love Autumn/Fall. Well, I'm singing a different tune now. The husband and I along with a little help from our Grandson have been busy raking and bagging leaves. SEVENTY-SIX BAGS OF THEM!
And can you believe that we still have a bit more raking and bagging to do. I think I will let the husband finish up by himself. You see, it has turned cold and wet outside and I really, really dislike being cold. Oh and I'm pretty sure I used some muscles that I didn't even know I had. LOL I really need to think about exercising more often and getting myself in better shape. One should not be so sore from raking and bagging up leaves.
Prompt #45: Nostalgic...The jukebox at Edwards Drive-In. All the songs are oldies and you can play them for free. They also have old car shows (weather permitting) and we have even seen Elvis walk in from time to time. *wink*
1. I started exercising again this week. I think it may be the third time this year. I hear that the third times a charm. We shall see! : )
2. I've taken a few photos with my 50mm lens this week. Its very different from the other lenses I've used. It going to take a little getting used to.
3. Exposure started last week and I've barely had time to work on the lessons. I hope to this weekend.
4. I started organizing/cleaning my craft room today. It seems that I may be a craft hoarder. NO really, if you could see I'm sure you would agree. But there is no way I'm showing you...honestly its a bit embarrasing.
5. My sister and I are going to a few craft fairs this weekend. What are your plans for the weekend? Whatever you do....Enjoy!
Prompt #43: Busy...It has been busy, busy outside our door lately. Heavy equipment, dirt, gravel, sand, pipes and even a port o potty just across from our driveway. Unfortunately it will probably look like this until Spring 2012.
It been a very busy month around here. I've attended a couple of festivals, visited the Apple Orchard/Pumpkin Patch, Zoo Boo and a Nascar race. Here are five photos for todays 5 on Friday.
First up...Riley Days: My sister and I in the photobooth...Silly us...LOL
The Apple Orchard/Pumpkin Patch: My husband and I with our Granddaughter.
Our daughter has a fear of larger than life statues. Here she is at the Covered Bridge Festival with a Big Ol" Chicken". No photos of my sister or myself at the festival. Dang it!
Zoo Boo: My Grandson and I....wind blown hair and all. : )
My Husband & I at the Nascar Race...Talladega! This photo was taken before the race started so the stands were not full. We were resting before climbing to our seats that are one row from the top of the stands.
A couple of weeks ago my daughter handed me a gift in a Christmas bag and said "this is one of four". She also said "you can open it if you'd like but if I were you I'd wait until I had all four of them". I have been tempted a couple of times but I do not intend to open them until Christmas Day. Guess what, that is only 60 days from today. Have you started your shopping yet? Me...No!
And last week I received a gift in the mail....all the way from Australia : ) My dear friend Paula sent me a box filled with Aussie Halloween Goodies. Thank you so much Paula. I will savor each and every bite and I may even share. LOL
1. I hope are you all enjoying the Fall/Autumn or whatever season is happening in your part of the world. Its been very, very busy here.
2. I love Fall festivals and have visited a few this Fall. However, I didn't find much to bring home. I love handmade items and it seems as if the vendors are buying goods in bulk and trying to sell them at the festivals. Heck, if I wanted that stuff I'd just go to Target or the Dollar Store.
3. I've been doing a little crocheting. I'll share photos once I acutally take a few.
4. I have a red, bruised knot that has appeared on the back of my hand three times now and within a couple of days it totally disappears. I have noticed it appears when I do alot of typing. If it keeps appearing I may have to see a doctor because it tends to be a little painful at times.
5. The husband and I are headed to Talladega this weekend for the Good-Sam-Club 500 Weekend. The temperature for Sundays race is supposed to be in the high 60's to low 70's. Just perfect for racing.
Go GORDON #24!
1. We are having Indian Summer this week here in Indy. The trees are beatiful and the weather is fabulous. I wish we could have this weather year round.
2. My sister an I are headed here tomorrow. I wonder what I'll bring home. : )
3. I'm on the lookout for some tall boots for the Fall/Winter. I really like these but I dislike ordering shoes online. I'm in hopes that they will have them in a store nearby so that I can try them on and bring them home.
4. Katrina Kennedy has a new class starting October 25, 2011. I will be signing up for it this weekend.
5. On Sunday we are all heading out to the Apple Orchard/Pumpkins Patch. It going to be a blast. I can hardly wait. : )
Prompt # 37: Music...I stumbled across my sons recorder from elementary school today. I can still play Hot Crossed Buns and Mary Had A Little Lamb. LOL! I'm pretty sure my dog thought that I was a bit crazy. You should have seen the way he acted when I was playing Hot Crossed Buns.
This photo is grainy but I thought it was a keeper.
1. Fall/Autum has arrived, my favorite of all seasons. I love, love, love everything about it! : )
2. My sister and I have plans to attend a few Fall Festivals next month. I cannot wait!
3. I've been wearing contacts for about 3.5 months now. My eye Dr. told me it would take awhile to adjust to them. Its been awhile and my eyes are not adjusting. I have one for close up, its great. The other one is for distance, its just not working for me. I guess I'll be returning for glasses after all.
4. I'm 3 weeks behind on my 52 Photos in 52 Weeks. I hope to catch up this weekend.
5. Do you have a favorite walk around camera lens? You know, one that you just grab and go. I own three lenses, an 18-55 mm/F3.5-5.6 IS, a EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS) and a 50mm 1.8 ( the nifty fifty). I'm not sure any of them are my favorite but I use the 18-55 mm the most, the 55-250 mm the least and I've just started to use the 55 mm. I'd like to get another. Any suggestions?
On my last 5 on Friday post I told you all that my sister and I were going to visit a lavender farm. Well, we didn't quite make it. Early Saturday morning my daughter called and needed some help (although she would not ask because she knew I had plans) making 120 wedding favors for a wedding that evening. She had to come up with something quick and she also had to shop for supplies to make the favors. So my sister and I changed our plans and helped her out. The favors were nice but simple and we completed them in time for the wedding. : )
Later that afternoon when the husband got home from work, we had a drink and decided that we would go out to dinner and stop by our Grandsons football game. Dinner went well and off to the football game we went. As we were walking up to the football field I said to my husband "I don't feel so well. You had better hold onto me." He said "lets go over here and sit down." I said "NO you need to hold onto me right now!" Next thing I know I wake up in an ambulance and am being told that they are taking me to ER at a local hospital. I must have passed out again because I woke up in a hospital bed. They admitted me for a couple of days, did blood work, a CT scan, an Echocardiogram, hooked me up to a heart monitor and gave me lots of potassim chloride and some meds via IV. The Dr. told me that I was dehydrated and that I had a slight UTI. He also said that when you eat all the blood goes to your belly to help with digestion, that combined with dehydration and a UTI created the perfect storm which caused me to pass out. They prescribed some meds for the UTI, told me to stay hydrated, follow up with my family Dr. and sent me home on Monday afternoon. I slept alot on Monday evening and stayed off work on Tuesday to get some much needed rest.
I went back to work on Wednesday not feeling 100% but I made it through the work day. On Thursday morning I ask my husband to drive me to work because I wasn't feeling well. My head was spinning, I had a major headache and I was very nauseated. We were not there long before we were headed back to the ER. My husband was sure that the meds for the UTI was the problem. You see, I do not do well with meds. Once again, blood work, a cocktail of meds, a little more potasium chloride, more meds, and an MRI. They kept me there for awhile, checked the test results, made sure I was feeling better, told me to schedule an appointment with a Neurologist and sent me home. I was so loaded up with meds that I slept until the next day. I dont' think I went to work on Friday but at this moment I can not remember.
On the following Tuesday I had a appointment with my family Dr. I talked to her about a few issues I was having since leaving the hospital and she assured me that said issues were all normal. She looked over all the test that were completed at the hospital and told me that she did not think it was necessary for me to see the Neurologist. This made me very happy as I'm a little lot claustorphobic and was not looking forward to another MRI. She also told me to call her if need be and to pay close attention to my body, which I have been doing.
Sweet Little Visitors
I'm pretty sure this stuff makes
your nails grow.
One good thing came from all this. Thanks to the hospital I finally broke my Diet Coke habit. I tried one other time but after a couple of days of terrible headaches from not having the caffeine I gave up. The unit I was on at the hospital only had caffeine free Diet Coke and I guess I had enough meds in me to get me through those terrible headaches. So I've went from drinking 4 or 5 a day to 6 oz once in awhile and some days none at all. It doesn't even taste good to me anymore and I hear that drinking water and OJ is really good for you. : )
One last thing. My dear, sweet husband said kiddingly to me " You could have used all that money you spent on hospital bills for your Australia trip." Is that mean or what? : (
1. This will be my last post from my Dell PC. We purchased a couple of HP TouchSmart PC's at work and I purchased one for home. I LOVE the large screen and the fact that everything is built into the screen which means no tower and less wires. I'm anxious to get it up and running.
2. I have finally edited all my photos for WITL and I am in the process of choosing which photos to use for my album. I think I am just going to go a different route with the album instead of trying to change the date on the tabs that I purchased in 2010. Those of you who offered to help with this, Thank you!
3. My sister and I are going here this weekend. I'm excited, I love the scent of lavender.
4. My husband loved his Indy Car drive. His top speed was 166.11 mph. .......o-^-o
5. Here is a quick collage I put together in Picasa of him during the drive. I have alot of photos to edit...again! : )
1. I had the pleasure of spending a few hours with my friend Becky and her family last week. They moved to Florida a few years ago. We have been friends for 35 years and although we didn't spend alot of time together after we had kids (different schedules) we did talk often. We do not talk often enough these days and I need to change this ASAP!
2. There was a tragic accident at our State Fair during the Sugarland concert last weekend.You can read about it here. Please keep those afflicted by this in your thoughts and prayers.
3. I signed up for this FREE class a couple of weeks ago. I ordered the kit (less decision making on my part) and since I am home today I hope to get at least a few pages completed.
4. I'm headed here this weekend but not to see a race. My husband (he feels the need...the need for speed) will be driving an Indy Car at speeds around 160 mph. (this is not the first time). I'll let you know how it goes next week.
5. I will also be attending a Fairy Princess party this weekend. My sweet little Granddaughter will be turning 3 yrs. old...already!
Prompt #33: Crave...Opening the windows to let some fresh air inside. I'm not a big fan of air conditioning but it has been very hot for the last couple of months and the husband will not be without it.
1. My WITL album is slow going but I'm working on it. I purchased some of Ali's WITL items from Designer Digitals last year and I don't think the year can be changed on the tabs although I'm unsure as I do not have much experience with PSE and digital stuff. So I may have to come up with a new plan for my album. : (
2. I have been doing a little bit of scrapping. I almost completed an album I started in 2007 ( one page to go) and I also scrapped one LO last week. : )
3.After being retired for a whole 6 1/2 months the husband is back working full time and by full time I mean 6 to 7 days a week. Not fun!
4. These brooches are amazing and I'd love to have one. I'll have to keep my eye on her Etsy shop to see if and when they may be available for purchase. My denim jacket is begging for one. Really!
5. Work has been tough for the last few months but thankfully things are looking up. Still, I plan to take a few days off soon. My mind needs a break before I break.
1. I have been busy editing photos for my WITL project. Decisions, decisions. : )
2. I've also been working on a mini book I started in 2007. I just need to add the photos I printed last night and it will be done. : ) I'll share when its complete.
3. Its been a week or two since I used my T1i. I purchased this and must try it out. I hear it works quite well. We shall see!
4. I want to make one of these for someone. Isn't is cute. I love it.
5. Its make and take month at Archives. My sister and I will be stopping by tomorrow for a cute little make and take.
WITL: Sunday...it was just Deuce and myself most of the day. The husband and Grandson went to the BY 400. I got alot of items checked off my to-do list which usually happens when the husband is out doing other things. I can hardly wait to start putting this album together but I've got alot of photos to edit first. I'd better get busy or this will be another item on my crafty to-do list.
WITL: Saturday...My Grandson was my photographer today. He was having alot of fun taking picture of me getting ready to go shopping. I told him he had to leave the room so that I could change clothes and he said "I'd better not take pictures of that Nana...its illegal". LOL!
One more day of photos to upload and I will be ready to choose photos, edit them and start on my album. I hope to start editing later today but right now it is time to give the dog a bath.
1. I'm trying to figure out how to reply to comments on blogger and I'm not even sure if its possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sharing Monday thru Thursday WITL photos ( collage style) for 2 thru 5. All photos were taken with my Canon point and shoot and not one of them have been edited. I will edit them when I put my album together. It looks like I may actually complete it this time around. : )
1. The husband is back at work for now. I'm not all that happy about it but he seems ok with it. That man has more motivation than any person I've ever known. You'd think it would have rubbed off a little by now.
2. Last night, since my husband has been away at work for around 12 hours a day this week I decided to once again start trying to organize/clean my scrap/craft room. You would not even believe all the crafty stuff I have crammed into that small little room. It even surprises me and I bought most of it. I think I may have a problem. : ) Maybe I should stick to one craft or another instead of buying and trying out every craft that catches my eye. However, I did get a few things out of their packages and organized. Someday soon I plan to craft again.
3. I have once again decided that I will attempt Ali's Week In The Life project. Third times a charm...right! She has a daily sheet download that I plan to use and I will be using the baseball card page protectors, journal cards etc. that I purchased last year from Designer Digitals. I have not had the chance to shop for the dish drainer but I did find a basket at the Dollar Store to keep it all gathered up until I acutally put the album together.
4. Here's a neat little gift idea. I especially think the teenagers would love it. Really, who doesn't love money.
5. Remember this pretty scarf from last Fridays 5 on Friday. Its mine now! : ) Pretty, Pretty!