Friday, August 19, 2011

5 on Friday...

1. I had the pleasure of spending a few hours with my friend Becky and her family last week. They moved to Florida a few years ago. We have been friends for 35 years and although we didn't spend alot of time together after we had kids (different schedules) we did talk often. We do not talk often enough these days and I need to change this ASAP!
2. There was a tragic accident at our State Fair during the Sugarland concert last weekend.You can read about it here. Please keep those afflicted by this in your thoughts and prayers.
3. I signed up for this FREE class a couple of weeks ago. I ordered the kit (less decision making on my part) and since I am home today I hope to get at least a few pages completed.
4. I'm headed here this weekend but not to see a race. My husband  (he feels the need...the need for speed) will be driving an Indy Car at speeds around 160 mph. (this is not the first time). I'll let you know how it goes next week.
5. I will also be attending a Fairy Princess party this weekend.  My sweet little Granddaughter will be turning 3 yrs. old...already!

Have a Happy Weekend,
Love & Hugs,
Susi

2 comments:

Christi said...

I love Sugarland and was freaked out when I saw that accident. They played here last night but I didn't go. I saw them a couple of years ago. Best concert ever! I have pictures on my blog somewhere probably around July 2009. I love them. One of my favs ever. They were playing with Keith Urban. :)

Paula... said...

I saw the footage of the State Fair accident here on the news - very tragic indeed! We're Sugarland fans here too and I'm so glad they weren't on stage at the time.

How are you enjoying the class? I hope you're managing to get plenty done - I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get back into scrapping :( I did manage a number of layouts at a weekend getaway back in June, but I haven't had the chance to share them yet.

How did hubby go with his need for speed - what an adrenalin RUSH!

So did you dress up for the Fairy Princess party? I'm sure there would have been plenty of little cute princesses at the party :)