Monday, October 28, 2013

A Trip To The Dairy Farm/Pumpkin Patch...

Sorry, picture heavy post.
 
Our usual Pumpkin Patch hasn't been so good the last couple of years. So this year we visited a Dairy Farm/Pumpkin Patch. This place had plenty of things for the kids to do, they also had hayrides and pumpkins but they didn't have an actual Pumpkin Patch. The kids (young and old) all enjoyed climbing on and jumping off the hay bale stacks. And our Grand-daughter did a pretty good job at leading us through the corn maze. When we were leaving we asked the kids how they liked the new place and they both said that they missed taking the hayride out to the patch to pick out their own pumpkins. So while the adults in the group enjoyed it, we have decided they we should let the kids pick where we go next year, after all it is for them.


 


 
 


We got to take a tour through the milking barn but it was a quick one because the cows get nervous when there are lots of people around.This Dairy sells it milk to Dean's, so if you drink Dean's milk there is a chance that it could have came from Kelsay Farms.
They also had a couple of two week old Holstein calves in a little pen for petting. They were so cute and one of them kept chewing on the other ones ear. I love that they had them but I felt bad for them.

 
 
And here's our Grand-daughter with the pumpkins.
She really did have fun! I think!!!
 
 
 


3 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Love these photos of your pumpkin/dairy day! We have a local dairy farm that does a really big event every year, but I've never been. Again, I need a grandkid! lol

kdglisson said...

Love all the pictures...again :) Ya'll look like you had alot of fun, and you got some great pics of the family. I'm glad you had a good time, it's always nice to spend some much needed family time...especially with the little ones :)

Ruth said...

Hi, I popped over from my good friend Deb Turtle's blog because I read your comment about CZ's 30 Days of Thankful. I don't so digi scrapping, either; I love paper too much! I have last year's pdf, which I would be willing to send you. All you'd need to do is print it out and fill it in. You can contact me at roo1968ATyahooDOTcoDOTuk