Monday, October 7, 2013

Riley Days And A Rainy Weekend...

My sister and I headed out early Saturday morning for Riley Days, hoping to beat the rain. When we arrived some of the booths were opening and it wasn't busy at all. I think a lot of people stayed away because of the rain forecast. But we timed it perfect and left just minutes before it started to rain.


This is the statue of James Whitcomb Riley that
sits in front of the Courthouse.
 


My sister and I with the very busy, mixed up sign.
 
 
I had the best homemade noodles served over mashed potatoes for lunch.
The were even nice enough to serve me before they added chicken.
And YES! I ate every bite!
 
The leaves are just beginning to change but I
did find this pretty tree.

And this is what it did off and on for the remainder of the weekend.
 Mostly ON!
 
 
 Are you a fan of rainy weather? Me, not so much!


3 comments:

kdglisson said...

I'm glad the rain held out for ya'll until you got to explore and have some fun :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love rain, if I'm home and baking! So glad that the timing worked out for you and your sister. And happy for you that you live close enough to your sis to do things like that together!

Susanne said...

Well, I have to say that noodles and mashed potatoes would make up for the rain in my opinion. It looks like a fun outing with a friend.