Monday, October 14, 2013

Covered Bridge Festival...

One of the reasons I love Autumn in Indiana is because there all so many Festivals. My sister and I have picked our favorites from our many years of going and now we only attend a few each year. On Saturday my sister, my daughter and I hit the road bright and early to beat the long line of traffic waiting to get into the Covered Bridge Festival. It turns out that we arrived 1.5 hours early and had to sit in the car to wait for things to open up. My daughter (being the city girl that she is) could not believe all the stars that were out in the country sky. She just kept looking at them and saying "WOW" look at all those stars. Because it takes most of the day to make it through one area, each year we choose a different area to go to, this year we chose Mansfield. I only snapped a couple of phone pictures even though I had my Rebel with me. There were just to many people in the way, everywhere, all the time! I even failed to get one of the three of us together. :(
Mansfield Covered Bridge
People/Unknown

This year while at the Festival I tried something new...I had my palm read. I've wanted to do this the last couple of years and since they weren't busy I thought why not! I really don't know much about palm reading but I did what she told me at the beginning, which was to close my eyes, rub my hands together in a circular motion and think about something I've been wanting for awhile. After that, she read my palm. My hands are always cold so I really wonder if she just wanted me to warm them up before she started my reading. I won't go into all the details of what she told me but one good thing was that I have a very long life line. I haven't yet but I know I will google 'Palm Reading" to do a bit of research. The pictures below were taken by my daughter, at least she captured this for me. Thanks, Charlie!





Have you ever had your palm read, had a tarot reading or a physic reading?
I'd love to hear others opinions on these things. No reason, just curious.  
 


3 comments:

kdglisson said...

I'm glad that you guys had a good time! I wish I could've been there, but throwing up in a porter potty just doesn't sound to appealing...if you catch my drift. Next year though for sure :) I think it's cool you had your palm read, I never have personally, but I think that it would be cool. Besides she seems to have been on it :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

That's so cool that you and your sister and daughter were able to go to a festival together. LOVE that your girl noticed all the stars. Living in a city like I do, I can totally appreciate that. The stars are one of the many things I love about camping trips.

I also think it's cool that you had your palm read! I have had my cards read, and I once did a past-life-regression that was a TRIP and still gives me goosebumps to think about. Carrie and I have an appointment to see a psychic/medium after the first of the year in hopes of connecting with my mom. I'm not sure how much I'll mention about this on my blog though, as I'm not sure everyone would "get it" but since you mentioned that you had your palm read I thought I'd share that with you. :o)

Anonymous said...

Do you remember her name?