Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Acorn Cookies...

Recently my Granddaughter found some acorns at a neighbors house. She picked some up, took them to her Mom and they drew mustaches on them. I'm not exactly sure what acorns and mustaches have in common but they (my Daughter and Granddaughter) do silly things like that....often!
Last week while browsing the web, I came across some cute but easy acorns cookies and thought of my Granddaughter. We had a sleepover planned for the weekend so I picked up the items needed to make the cookies. After dinner, I asked her if she would like to make acorn cookies and of course she said "YES" I told her that she would be making them to take home and share with her friends. I also told her that I would only be putting the glue on for her. She looked at me and said "YUCK! glue on cookies." I guess I should of explained to her that the glue was really melted chocolate that might be a little warm for her. We made a couple of dozen, each of us ate one, she took the rest home and I hear her friends loved them. If you are not going to be eating them right away, I do recommend putting them in the refrigerator. I also recommend eating only one, they are very rich!

"Making Acorn Cookies"
Acorn Cookies
 
 



2 comments:

kdglisson said...

I know that you already know, but I just wanted to say...Cutest Kid...EVER! By the way the cookies are pretty dang cute too :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I loved seeing your Instagrams from last weekend with your adorable little grand-daughter, so this post is just icing on the cake. Or cookie...

LOVE the acorn cookies, and it looks like you girls were having a great time making them! :o)