Saturday, January 3, 2015

Four New Things 2014...

I've been doing this since 2010 and what started as a challenge from my daughter has become my favorite post to write at the beginning of each year. I blog more or less to keep a journal for myself and its always fun to look back to see what I've accomplished over the last year. Not that I only accomplish four new things each year but the original challenge my daughter started with me back in 2010 was to do, try or learn four new things each year. Funny thing is she's a mom now and doesn't even blog anymore. My blogging over the past few years has been hit or miss but luckily just enough that I have been able to write a post at the beginning of each year about four new things. I'm now working less hours and am close to having the new house in order so hopefully I can make/take time to post here more often.
Last year was a strange but exciting year for us and things just seemed a bit off. We're all settled in now and its a New Year. We are looking forward to doing, trying and learning new things. Are you?

Here's my list:
1.We bought a new house, sold our old house and lived with my sister and BIL for 6 weeks. This could be one or three new things depending how you look at it.
2.I started doing a monthly post in February and lucky for me I did. It sort of summed up what was going on in my life each month last year. And even though I missed posting for a couple of months, its a post I plan to do going forward.
3.Once we were in the new house and had an AV guy over to hook up our TV, sound bar and such I started listening to Pandora and am forevermore hooked. No more loading CD's or switching stations. Its pretty awesome, how did I not know about it beforehand.
4.I made a wreath which was one item on my Fall Bucket List, another post I'm enjoying and plan to do going forward.

So there you have it, another year that I was able to do, try or learn four new things. I'm pretty sure item #1 will never happen again people, moving is hard especially after you've lived in the same house for 28 years with four kids part of that time. I am so happy we had the chance to do it but I never ever want to pack up our belongings, put them in storage (we had two full storage units), go live with other family members (although it was not bad) and unpack all those belongings and put them in place again!

1 comment:

Paula... said...

We've been in our house for 23 years and, although we'd love to move to the country, we forever dread the thought of packing up a lifetime of "stuff". I guess it would be a good opportunity for a good clean-out, but the though just does my head in!

Good on you for once again completing your challenge, I love that you manage to achieve these each year :)