Wednesday, January 21, 2015

While The Mr. Is Away...

The Mr. jetted off to Vegas for a business trip earlier in the week. He left on Sunday so I had a few family member over to help me get a few things done. My son sealed the grout in the bathrooms for me and all of us pitched in and did a switcheroo of my craft room and the sleepover room. Both rooms are the same size but making the switch gave me more wall space to work with so I'm quite happy with the end result. Funny, once the switch was made they all said "we thought you'd put it like this from the get go." I only wish they would have mentioned it seven months ago.
I've been trying to find the time to get in and organize the remaining items stacked on the floor but my poor little Deuce is having separation anxiety because daddy is away. Three hours of sleep just ain't cutting it. I've been a couch contortionist since Sunday night because each and every time Deuce hears a noise he thinks daddy is home so he paces through the house and barks for what seems like hours. Looks like organizing will have to wait until at least Thursday, maybe Friday.
If anyone has a good way to store printed pictures, please share. I have them in photo boxes at this time but they take up so much space. I'm thinking that I need to go through and weed out the photos that have no meaning, you know from back in the film days. I'm sure I kept everything. I do have photo albums that I purchased for the Library of Memories class but I just couldn't take all my photos out of order so maybe that's an option. I also need to stop with the hobby hopping and focus on just a few hobbies instead of trying and buying them all. Yes, I do that! Why, I don't know!
I have quite a few UFO's and I'm wondering if I should complete them or just move on. I have tons of scrapbook supplies and have decided that the only way I'll be scrapping in the future is hybrid/digital (CZ style) so do I keep all this stuff or let it go. I have tons of yarn so I plan not to buy any yarn until I use up most of what I have. I have a cart full of paint that I used for tole painting years ago, do I keep it or let it go? I also have beads and more beads, I thought I'd like to try jewelry making but have yet to make any so again do I keep them or let them go. Do you all do this hobby hopping thing or do you just focus on a few hobbies and let it go at that? I'd better go and stop blabbering, the tireds are creeping up on me, this post may not even make since to anyone but I hitting publish anyway.

1 comment:

Paula... said...

LOL it made perfect sense to me, but I'm tired too LOL Hmm hobby hoping - nope only Scrapbooking here, but like you I doubt I'll ever fully paper scrapbook again, but can't bring myself to get rid of all the paper I have stashed. Even with getting rid of the paper, I have way to many tools/equipment that I can't part with. As for the beads, paint etc. I'd look into donating it to a local school or shelter.

Photos - I have a tonne of pre-digital and they are all in albums. My biggest dilemma is all of my digital photos - Where do I even begin sorting through 10 years of them :-P