Friday, January 23, 2015

Tough Times...

As you know from my last post the first of the week was a little tough here and even though daddy is home now things haven't gotten better.
Today I took Deuce to the vet and didn't get the best of news. He has lost his sight, his hearing is going, his back is weak, he has problems with his back legs and his heart murmur is worse. The vet was surprised at the amount of energy Deuce has being he is in congestive heart failure. He talked a lot about giving him the best quality of life that we can at this time. They are doing blood work to see if they can up his meds for the heart murmur. I'll know more tomorrow. I'm not liking where this is headed and I feel that the Mr. and I will have a very BIG decision to make sooner than later. But for now I'm going to be busy holding him, hugging him and letting him know how much I love him. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.













3 comments:

Holly C. said...

Awwwww-this is heartbreaking! Deuce will be in my thoughts & prayers!

Paula... said...

Susi this is heartbreaking - poor little Deuce. At the end of the day you just have to make peace with the fact that you've given him a great home and life. If it comes to it, you will miss him terribly (I still have a teary about Kiah) but he will always be with you xxx

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Aw, I'm so sorry to read this post, Susi! And it's well over a week old so I hope things have improved a bit. It's so hard to see a pet get older and weaker. My heart goes out to you! xo