Friday, November 22, 2013

Photo Friday And Moments Of The Week...

My Heart Belongs To a Bichon Frise
 
One day a Bichon came my way
And I knew from the start-
That precious little ball of fur
Would steal away my heart.
 
He fills my world with sunshine-
He has such loving ways,
I can't imagine life without
A Bichon in my days.
 
Intelligent and playful,
Such an easy friend to love-
My Bichon Frise is to me
A blessing from above.
                            

 
The above poem was found here.
 
Thanks For Making Me Look Stupid Moment...
My husband and I attended a Basic Pistol Shooting Class recently. The class consisted of 2 instructors, 4 women and 10 men. At the beginning of class they asked us to state our name and why we were taking the class. I went first, stated my name and said " I'm here to learn to shoot a gun." Really that was true but I did have other reasons for wanting to learn to shoot, I just didn't go into detail. Everyone else went into detail, for instance "I have a 6 year old and I want to learn to shoot a gun so that I can protect my child." "My husband drives a truck, I'm home alone with my children." And one lady in class was either drunk, high or over medicated, I'm not sure which but I was sure to be on opposite ends of the shooting range from her. And then there was my husband, "I'm just here with her." Nice!!! I did feel a bit stupid for not going into detail but it is what it is and we were all there for basically the same thing.
 

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Such a SWEET poem for your little doggy friend! I feel the same way about Mr. Lucky. ;o)

And I think your reason for attending the class was a valid one! We shoot guns out in the desert, but I went to a shooting range one time and hated it! I didn't like being that close to people I didn't know with guns.

Have yourself a great week!

kdglisson said...

Hey! You told them all they need to know! They don't need the whole story, you do what you want!