Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Channeling Our Inner Martha...

My sister asked me if I'd lend a hand and help her make some Meringue Swirls that she saw on Martha Bakes. We ran out one afternoon to pick up a few of the items we needed to make them. People! Vanilla Beans are expensive and now I know why. Later in the week we got together to channel our inner Martha, we all have that...right? Little did my sister know that I was just going to assist and let her do most of the work, she's always a little leery about trying new things in the kitchen. But my theory is that if it doesn't work the first time, you have two choices, simply try it again or ditch it! Our youngest sister also stopped by to join in on the fun. We got busy making the Meringue Swirls while trying to get pictures (how ever do you people do this) so that we could run out for a quick lunch. Who knew that they had to bake.....for what seemed like forever. However after a lot of measuring, egg separating, laughing, mixing and baking we did make it to lunch, just a little late.







 
 
They turned out perfect, crisp on the outside, soft on the inside just as the recipe stated. They tasted like toasted marshmallows and colored your teeth and tongue blue. But when I stored them in a covered dish they became extra sticky. I've done a little research but have yet to find the best way to store them, anyone? By the way, don't you just LOVE my egg separator?

 


2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I DO love your egg separator! :o) And those beautiful treats. I've always wanted to try piping frosting with that stripy-swirl. SO pretty!!! It's so cool that you and your sisters get together to do stuff like this!

kdglisson said...

I think that those cookies look cute! Poor Aunt Mary trying to stir them :)