Monday, November 18, 2013

Crocheting For A Cause...

Several months ago I started crocheting hats for babies to donate to a local hospital. At this time I have not done any research to see if it is even possible. I do know that you can donate the hats to several different organizations but I have also not contacted any of them...yet!
Well, it just so happens that my daughter has a friend who noticed on Facebook that she was also crocheting baby hats and asked if she'd be interested in donating some of them to this organization. My daughter called me to see if I'd be interested and of course she knew I would be! My daughters friend gave us an idea of the sizes that would be needed for the baby hats and we started crocheting away. OMG some of the hats are so small. I can't even imagine the grief these families go though and I am so sorry that my daughters friend and family had to go through such an ordeal. I do have to admit that is really hard to think about who they are for (I hope you understand what I mean by this) but I am happy to help out even if in such a small way. At this time we have two dozen little hats to donate and more are in the works. We should be delivering them sometime this week. Here is a picture of the ones I've completed and Yes, I know that I need to find a color other than blue for the baby boy hats. And now that I'm looking at the picture the girl hats too! Hopefully, my daughters are different colors.


2 comments:

Susanne said...

Oh those look like they will keep those little noggins nice and warm. Pretty colors, but I vote for more pink!!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

This is such a worthy cause, Susi, and it's so sweet that you have crocheted so many hats to donate! The teal color is my favorite! :o)