Friday, January 3, 2014

Four New Things 2013...

Back in 2010 I started a challenge to do, try or learn four new things each year. You can read all about it here. This is something that seems to happen every year even though I don't think about it...at all! Each year when I look back and write this post I can see that I've accomplished something over the course of the year. And once again this year I've met the challenge.

Here are my top four for 2013:

1. I love to crochet so when I saw this I joined in to see if I could learn something new about crochet.  It was fun, I learned a few new things and got a pretty scarf to boot. :)

2. I came across this on Debs blog and joined in on the fun. Go visit Debs blog, you'll be happy you did. What's not fun about a scavenger hunt! I plan to play along again this summer.

3. I went to my first COLTS game and got up the nerve to ask JS if we could get a picture together. I'm a bit shy so this was a Big challenge for me! Just look at those eyes of his ; )

4. I did this at the Covered Bridge Festival. I've wanted to do it for years but was a bit iffy. It was very interesting, I'm happy I finally did it!


Yes, I did more than four new things this year. Like this for instance.
 I've found this to be true
since I started keeping track back in 2010.  
Its been a fun little challenge for the last four years and
one I'll continue to keep track in years to come.  
Do you challenge yourself to do, try or learn new things each year?
If you do, I love to read about them!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi there, Susi, and happy new year to you! Thanks so much for the sweet shout-out. :o) I remembered that we found each other by way of Rinda's Scavenger hunt! I've participated for all three years, and plan to again when she publishes the list this summer! {btw, Scavenger Hunt stuff can be found on Rinda's blog at http://gallorganico.blogspot.com)

I don't have plans for anything new this year, but I do plan to learn more about knitting as I have really enjoyed making some basic dish cloths. Also want to complete another quilt (or two) and finish some half-done project I have hanging around my craft space!

Wishing you all the best in the new year!