Friday, August 16, 2013

Moments Of The Week...

I got the idea for this post here. I read her blog now and then but I'm pretty much a jeans and t shirt kind of gal.

Hey Doesn't That Guy Look Familiar Moment

The husband and I were given tickets to a Colts game last Sunday. (Thanks Mark) It was a first for me, the husbands been a few times. We were sitting in our seats and I happened to look over my shoulder and see a guy that looked familiar. While I'm not a big NFL fan I do know a little about it and some of the players. I said to my husband, hey isn't that Jeff Saturday sitting behind us. He glanced around and said no, that looks like him but he is to small. Well, turns out that I was right and that Jeff has just lost some weight since retiring from the NFL. So I asked him to sign our tickets.


And I guess that wasn't enough for me, I also had to have a picture.


The Colts lost but I think meeting Jeff made it all worth while. He's a pretty awesome guy!


My Everything Looks Good Moment

You can read this post to see what I'm talking about. I've had an Ultrasound and another procedure done in the last couple of weeks and yesterday I got the results. The doctor said " Everything looks good". And the best part is that I will not have to see him again unless there are some very significant changes. Now I think I'll go have that drink I've been wanting for the last couple of weeks.

Enjoy your weekend!

xo,
Susi

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh how fun! And I'm impressed that you would recognize an NFL player! I think the only one I'd recognize is Kurt Warner (former Az Cardinals quarterback). I love that you had him sign your tickets, and even more that you were brave enough to have a photo with him. This is something my daughter would do!

PS: Super glad to hear about your test results! Cheers!!!

kdglisson said...

I'm SO glad that everything Doctor wise is looking good! I was worried about you (and I know you were too), but now we know it's all good! Yay! I also think that it's cool that you and Uncle Roger got to go to a Colt's Game and spend a little "ya'll" time together. You needed it...I know you'll be really happy to have a vacation together.