Friday, August 23, 2013

Moments Of The Week...

I'm Feeling Old Moment

As I was opening the mail this week I came across an envelope from AARP. My husband has been receiving these for awhile now so imagine my surprise when I saw that it was for me. Hey people, I don't need a reminder. Thank you very much!

 
 
WTH Moment
 
A conversation between my daughter and my niece at work this week.
D: "She was being held in the SHU"
N: "What is a SHU"
D: "SHU stands for Solitary Holding Unit"
N: "Sorry I don't speak prison"
Me sitting at the desk next to them thinking WTH!
Apparently my daughter is learning to speak prison while watching Orange Is The New Black.
 
OUCH Moment
 
We are doing some work around the house this week. I needed to take a few things off the top of our dining room hutch so that we could move it away from the wall. I thought it would be a good idea to stand in a dining room chair with arms. Turns out it was NOT! While stepping down from the chair I managed to hit my leg on the arm of the chair. It now looks like I have two knees on my right leg. I spent my evening sitting in a chair, elevating my leg and icing it on and off for six hours. It still looks bad today but isn't causing me much pain.
 

This is not my knee, its the knot that is 1to 2" inches below it!


This is how I spent six hours of my evening.

 
Enjoy your weekend!
 
xo,
Susi

 
 
 


3 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh yes, the "feeling old moments." I hate to tell you, but they keep coming and kind of snowball after a while.

Sorry to hear about your knee. Crazy how big that bump is. I hope you're better today and are able to enjoy your weekend!

Susanne said...

Bummer! I've learned my lessons about climbing on furniture in much the same way. Luckily with no lasting effects. I hope your knee is back to normal soon.

kdglisson said...

Laugh all you want, I still don't speak prison!! It's just not how I roll...I'm not as you would say "street" so I don't know how it "goes down" at the "shady" places...Just saying...I feel horrible about your leg/ankle/foot/everything else that's messed up now because of your injury.