Sunday, August 31, 2014

No Pictures, Rainy Weekend And A Little Crocheting...

I had big plans this weekend to get out and take some pictures with the Rebel but the rain put a stop to that right quick. It has rained off and on the entire weekend. So, no picture taking yet but I still have high hopes that the rain will stop by tomorrow. The Mr. has been busy finishing the framing of the walls in the basement, he told me earlier today that he is sick of looking at 2 x 4's. Guess what, me too! The drilling and hammering has been going on since we moved in and it is starting to become a little nerve wracking. Thankfully, the framing of the walls will be completed by tomorrow. Up next, finishing the walls. Once completed there will be a full bath (shower, no tub), a sitting area with a TV and his racing memorabilia, a game room (shuffle board, darts, checkers, space for card tables and such), an exercise room and a nice big closet for all my stuff junk. He plans to have it completed by Thanksgiving so that it can be used for the Holiday season. It'll be nice when its all completed. I'm looking forward to the exercise room, I really miss Lance, my treadmill.
On another note, I did a tiny bit of crafting today. I was busy filing papers and organizing craft supplies so I pulled out some cotton yarn and crocheted a little baby headband, took all of four minutes to make but it felt so good to craft something. I'm hoping it can be used for the babies as well as the hats from this post. If so, I'll make a few more to go along with the hats which did not get delivered as of yet! My daughter is in charge of the delivery and should be delivering them to her friend very soon. Here's an Instagram of the Baby Headband I whipped up today. It measures a little over 8" around and should be a good size for the cause.


I'm off to enjoy the rest of this Labor Day weekend.
Happy Labor Day, Be Safe and
Enjoy your time with Family and Friends.

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh my gosh that little headband is SOOOO cute!!! I can imagine how tired you are of the hammering, but the basement is going to be awesome when it's done. Isn't it great to have a handy husband?

Donna said...

I noticed your comment on Susan Street's blog and clicked on your name to check out your blog. That big ole Colts bus caught my eye. I live on the west side of Indy, close to Avon. I look forward to reading your blog from the beginning.