Monday, August 25, 2014

Dusting Off The Rebel...

Over the weekend I decided to get the Rebel out to see if it still worked. It does but I'm not so sure about me. I was shooting in AV mode and my picture were very dark. You would think that after taking a couple of online photography classes and partially reading some books that I could have figured out what was going on. At first, I did not so I switched over to manual and my pictures came out fine, back to AV, still dark. I then realized that I just needed to change the light meter. How did I not know this (or did I) and why were my pictures always light enough before, was it luck or did I just forget about this very important step. Anyway we ( the Rebel and I are working fine now) and I can't wait to take some photos now that I've remembered/figured this out.
I have a niece that has volunteered to let me take a few photos of her for practice. Katie, when are you available? I'm ready anytime.

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh this is fun, Susi - I'm glad to know you dusted off the ol' gal and are back at the photo taking. Sometimes it's those simple things that we forget with all those settings that need to be adjusted. Have fun with it, and I'll look forward to seeing the photos here on your blog! :o)

kdglisson said...

Aunt Susi, I was just looking back on some of your past posts and came across this. I would just like to go on the record by saying that I don't ever agree to let you take pictures of me. I said I would hold other people down, so you could take pictures of them ;)