Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lightening Strikes...

Sometime last week we had quite the storm...The wind blew hard, it rained hard, lots of thunder and lightening and it looked as if our whole front yard lit up. The TV went off for a split second and came right back on. I didn't think much about it at the time but my husband noticed that our bedroom clock (a Smart Clock) had quit working. I then noticed that our phone wasn't working either. Anyway we got them straightened out the next day. A couple of days later my husband came in from moving the lawn and said something has stripped a bunch of bark off the tree in the front yard. I looked at him and said I'll bet it got hit by lightening during the storm the other night..he agreed. This tree is right outside our front bedroom window which would explain why the clock and phone stopped working. Here's a picture...
What do you think?









1 comment:

Paula... said...

OMG that's a bit too close for comfort!!