Friday, July 8, 2011

5 on Friday...

1. I had 4 days off work last weekend. The husband and I visited Nashville, IN on Friday. We had lunch, walked around town, did a little shopping. He bought me a chalkboard chicken and some bath salts. On Saturday we did a little mall shopping, on Sunday my son had a BBQ, we had lots of good food, played games, I had a birthday, we had ice cream cake, I received some cards (one from Australia) Thank you Paula, a stepping stone from my Granddaughter and lots of love. We ended the night watching fireworks. And on Monday the 4th the husband and I stayed around the house until it was time to head downtown for fireworks. Have I told you how much I LOVE fireworks? I have now! : )
2. Last weekend I also read up on how to take photos of fireworks. Some of the blogs I read had tips/tutorials and of course I got out my "Understand Exposure" book. Guess what...I DID NOT get any good photos of the fireworks from the weekend. Boo!
3. Do you like to organize...I do. How about using a dish drainer. Love it! I may use it as my set up for Ali's Week in the Life project.
4. Check this out if you like scarves. I own a couple but have yet to wear one except of course a nice thick one in the winter when I try to put everything possibe on this body to keep it warm. I may have to pull one of the frilly ones out and give it some warm fresh air. I love this one but its not mine. YET!
5. I've got to tell you this...Sneaks drive me crazy. You know what I'm talking about. Those piecy/part pictures of scrappy pages, kits etc. I understand sneaks but they still drive me crazy. Always have, always will!

Have A Happy Weekend,
Love & Hugs,
Susi

2 comments:

Christi said...

Happy Birthday!

I need a chalkboard chicken. Cutest thing ever.

Paula... said...

Sounds like you had a full-on time - Nashville sounds great and those chalkboard chickens are so cute, I've never seen or heard of them. I can never get good fireworks photos either :(

What a great use for the dish drainer - so creative and functional!! I have just bookmarked that scarf video - I've always wandered how some of those styles were done :) Oh and looooove that ruched scarf - I live in scarves at the moment LOL