Thursday, September 30, 2010

What We Did On Way Home....

We took a different route home from the beach this time and got side tracked in Savannah for a few hours. We arrived around 9:00 a.m., headed straight for the visitors center, got us a map of the city and off we went to find The Lady and Sons. We were fourth in line when we arrived at the door around 9:10 a.m. They start taking names at 9:30 a.m. so you have to get there early to put your name in for lunch or dinner because they only take reservations for 10 or more guests. We put our name in and walked around the city until lunch time which was to be served at 11:00 a.m. We were told to line up across the street around 10:45 and our name would be called. When we arrived a lady came out with a dinner bell, talked to the crowd for a few minutes, rang the dinner bell and they started to call out names. They give you a number and you head for the door to be seated.
They serve each guest a corn fritter and a biscuit just as soon as you sit down. The husband usually passes on the bread but he loved the corn fritters so much he asked for another and told me I need to learn to make them. No way...too many calories. LOL

We are always trying to maintain our diets so instead of the buffet we both order sandwiches. He had the chicken salad and slaw, I had the veggie and slaw. My veggie sandwich was definately the best veggie sandwich I've ever had and I've had lots of them.

I kind of told a little white lie earlier, here's the real reason we passed on the buffet. We should of shared a pieces of pie but instead we both had a full serving of Pecan Pie. : )

I wish we could of spent a little more time in Savannah, its such a beautiful town but it was a rainy day, we were tired and ready to head home.
I do however plan to return someday soon. I should also learn to do the collage thing with my photos. If your ever in Savannah try out The Lady and Sons. By the way, we did NOT see Paula Deen...I'm sure everyone there would have loved to meet her as she seems like such a fun person.

No comments: