Monday, September 20, 2010

Deuce's Little Squirrel Friend...

This little squirrel has been coming around for a few years now. At least we think its the same squirrel. It teases our dog on a daily basis. Deuce will stand at the bottom of the trees looking up for long periods of time just watching and waiting for the squirrel to come down but of course that never happens. Sooner or later Deuce gets tired of waiting and comes inside to rest. The other day I noticed that a couple of trees by the pond were stripped bare. The bark was missing from them. So I started looking around and noticed the little squirrel with a mouth full and I mean FULL of bark trying to make it up the tree. I didn't have my camera with me at the time so no picture but I did locate the nest in the tree and got a couple of pictures today. Its quite big and our little squirrel friend doesn't seem to be finished yet. The squirrel was up there scurrying around again today. I've never seen a squirrel quite this aggressive. I hope the squirrel and Deuce never come face to face as it would not be a pretty site. I'm pretty sure the squirrel would win if they tangled because Deuce is just a big ol' baby. Take a look at the trees, have you ever seen a squirrel do this? If you take a close look at the last two pictures you can see a little blur of the squirrel right below the nest.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

We have a squirrel we have affectionately named "Chuzzlewit." They do seem to hang around the same areas for most of their lives, don't they? Of course, I feed him. That probably has something to do with it! ;o)