Friday, August 6, 2010

Traditions...

My Grandson will be in grade 2 this year. When he started kindergarten we started a tradition of back to school shopping. Just the two of us. Today I took a day off from work and we carried on our tradition. First we toss in our pennies and make our wishes in the fountain outside the mall. Next we have lunch at the CheeseCake Factory (since the servings are a bit large we share an entree and a piece of cheesecake..His choice.) We had tomato basil pasta and pineapple upside down cheesecake today. Once we have our bellies full we shop for school clothes,shoes etc. at the mall. I'm not sure who enjoys this more..he or I. In a few years I hope to carry this tradition on with my Granddaughter. Girly shopping...can't wait.  : )

1 comment:

Paula... said...

What a lovely tradition - it's things like this that they look back on with fond memories when they're older.