Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Winter Blues...

They showed up early this year, they usually rear their ugly head after the Holidays. Me and Winter, we just don't mix anymore. I really need to move to a place that has a warmer climate year round. But at this time work does not allow so I'll just have to deal with it for the next 3 months. I plan to get a few things done inside the house while waiting on daylight and sunshine but I can't promise any of those will happen for a few months either.
While sitting around feeling Blue I've been thinking about a few things I'd like to do in the New Year. I was also thinking I should write them down for future reference. Its been awhile since I've posted anything so what better place than here on my blog.  I'd also like to say that these things are not New Years resolutions.  Here's my list...as of now.

1. Break my Diet Coke habit...again!
2. Find balance! I have worked 5 days a week for the past 37 years. In July of 2013 my work schedule was changed to 3 days a week. And while I love having more time away from work I feel as if I'm bouncing around all...the...time!
3. Get passports for the husband and I. 2014 is supposed to be the year for my big adventure!
4. Use my Rebel T1i instead of my iphone for photos! I want to take better pictures.
5. Learn to use my 50mm (Nifty Fifty) lens. I struggle with it every time I put in on my camera.
6. Learn to use PSE. I've had it for some time and know very little about it.
7. Learn more about my silhouette SD. Once again I've had it for some time and know very little about it.
8. Scrapbook...something. PL was started but did not happen again this year. Pictures were taken, some lost during upload from phone and #2 above. I bought the first kit Becky Higgins came out with for PL and still do not a one year documented. :(  I have no idea why, I LOVE this way of scrapbooking.
9. Learn to and make a small quilt.
10. Spend more time outdoors. Bike, Hike, Tennis, etc.!

Of course this list will grow as the year goes on but I am already working on #1, I am once again breaking my Diet Coke habit, why I ever started drinking it again is beyond me. So for the last week and a half I've had a terrible headache every...single...day! I have one right now! I've read that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit and I'm only on day 11! I sure hope it stops sooner than later.

Christmas is 4 days away!
Are you ready?
I am!



1 comment:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hey Susi ~ Just popping in to wish you a very Merry Christmas. Your list of things to tackle in 2014 could have matched mine almost exactly a few years ago! :o) I'm happy to know that you have "make a small quilt" on your list!!! And I will tell you that once you're used to the 50mm lens you will never take it off your camera!

Have a good one, my friend! See you in 2014!