Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bakerella...

I received Bakerella's Cake Pops Book from my daughter for Christmas. Today I decided to try out the recipe for cake balls. I used a chocolate fudge cake mix, some vanilla icing and some vanilla candy coating from the grocery. I decided to try just a few this time so I only used half of the cake which made about 30 cake balls in all. The rest of the cake is in the freezer to use later. I did get a few crumbs into my candy coating but it isn't really that noticable. I also had a bit of trouble getting them to slide off the spoon after they were coated but all in all they were pretty simple to make. I will be making them again soon, the husband and I think they are quite tasty. I hope I have a few left to take into work tomorrow morning. ; )

No comments: